Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins and beginning ideas for the next project

Well as this project comes to an end, I feel like it is always important to look back on the project and take what I learned from the piece, what I would change and how am I going to take this knowledge into the next project. All of these thought seem to come to me at random so here is basically the list that I came up with.

1. After researching the symptoms of someone who is suicidal, the notes they left behind, and the reaction of others, I was drawn to the sadness, the conflict and the weakness of all these aspects. I found this quite shocking because I am a pretty chatty, positive, and optimistic person. Why was I drawn to this subject?
2. I decided that I was going to create this "Scene" but I wanted it to appear beautiful and perfect but have all these "secret" wrongs or terrible things that create this beautiful setting.  My last project was sort of a scene and I decided that a scene was necessary for this piece as well. Must be a sign :)
3. For my future projects I want to make something. In the past I created a scene to evoke a feeling or a thought or a scenario. For this next project I want to make something with my hands, not from things that I aquire or buy.
4. Things I felt were not successful in the last piece was the emotion of sadness and dispare. Everything was set up perfectly and all the signs were there but the strong emotion did lack. I originally had the lights dimmed which I think did create that effect more but while we were analyzing all the works I completely forgot about turning the lights all the way down.
5. Things that were successful was all the signs and the original narrative was communicated to the audience. For the most part they understood that this girl was going to or did commit suicide.
6. For the next project I have a vision of broken glass or a broken mirror that had a face painted on it. The more I think about it the more I feel like it is just a idea that is going to fail, but I cannot get the idea out of my mind. I just keep thinking of these broken pieces on the ground that if they were put all together would create a person. Hopefully while researching the process I will be pulled in a different direction or will at least find something to give me hope that this idea can work.

Pictures of the last project are to come... 

No comments:

Post a Comment